Now Hiring: Design + Production Specialist
* This position has been filled *
Regenerative Design Group is seeking a landscape designer to provide drafting, graphic design, GIS mapping/analysis, field assistance, and research support on a wide variety of projects.
This new full-time designer will support our highly collaborative team in all of RDG’s divisions: Regenerative Agriculture, Ecological Landscape Design, and Resilience Research and Planning. Together, we work on a variety of public and private projects ranging from small residential design to bioregional planning. This year, after 11 years of operations, we converted to democratic ownership and management as a seven member worker-owned cooperative.
Our new team member will have a solid understanding of ecological planning, design processes and digital design programs. We seek someone who is excited to work both collaboratively and independently, who can learn new design software and help improve systems and workflows, and who can manage their time effectively.
Roles and responsibilities are as follows:
Production and Project Programming: Drafting, Research, Writing
- Draft and support the production of documents explaining project scope, goals, design process, deliverables, budget and billing.
- Research state and local regulations and produce materials for permitting processes such as Wetlands Protection Act and building permits.
- Conduct precedent studies and other research on materials and systems.
- Assist with on-site research and assessment including topographic survey and analysis of site conditions such as sun and shade patterning.
- Research and summarize relevant ecological and legal existing conditions.
- Assist in the analysis of field observations and site data to communicate findings and design implications with clear writing and illustrative graphics.
- Work as part of a design team and independently to think creatively and pragmatically and employ regenerative design principles.
- Use hand drawing, digital and hybrid methods to create professional graphics, renderings, models, and construction documents.
- Draft grading plans, drainage plans, planting plans, sections, details and specifications.
- Compose descriptive text for design components and reports.
- Review project work and incorporate feedback to achieve the highest possible level of quality.
- CAD production
- GIS Base mapping
- Exploration and Rapid Prototyping of 3D software
- Develop, review and finish presentation documents
- Create templates and design tools
- Contribute to the review and development of studio and business structures, including strategic plans
- Participate in marketing of RDG, seek new clients and collaborators and respond to RFP/RFQ’s
Pay: Commensurate with experience
Time Commitment: ¾ to full time
Location: Our studio location is in Greenfield, MA. For this position, we expect the majority of the time to be at the studio in Greenfield but will consider a mix of remote work depending on experience and personal constraints.
This Post Has 0 Comments