Application Deadline: Friday, May 6th, 2022
Regenerative Design Group is seeking an experienced landscape designer or landscape architect to join our highly collaborative team. This new team member will assist our studio in designing places that inspire connection and exploration, and build diversity and resilience. As a project lead, they will work closely with other members of our team to manage a variety of projects for residential, commercial and institutional clients.
We are looking for someone who:
- has an exceptional understanding of ecological design and the iterative design process
- has excellent time management and the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- can navigate the nuances of multi-stakeholder projects with enthusiasm and grace
- can clearly communicate verbally, graphically and in writing
- is comfortable providing decisive direction to clients, contractors and colleagues
- is familiar with a range of regionally appropriate productive and native plants
- can independently develop design concepts and guide the installation process
- has knowledge of construction means and methods as well as some landscape installation and maintenance experience
- will enthusiastically contribute to the creative vision of our project teams and contractors in the studio and in the field
Our office embraces a mix of remote and in-person work. Studio work at our main office in Greenfield MA, independent research, site visits within the Northeast, construction observation and field work are all part of the day to day work rhythm.
Compensation ranges from $19-27/hr to start, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Vision, Dental, Paid Time Off and eligibility for co-op ownership and profit sharing.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in landscape installation, maintenance, or design fields
- Proficiency in GIS Software, AutoCAD and Adobe Suite
- Ability to independently manage time, troubleshoot, and facilitate communication
- Strong persuasive and technical writing skills
- Strong visual communication skills using hand drawn and/or digital rendering methods
- Knowledge of and experience with Northeast Regional edible and native plants. Familiarity with relevant ecosystem elements such as regional wildlife populations, pollinators, wetland dynamics, and soil health is a plus
- Experience using Land F/X, Rhino, Sketchup, Blender, QGIS, or other visualization software a plus
- Interest in cooperative ownership a plus